If you've been riding for years you'll know that the first parts of the body to feel the cold are your extremities. When you start out, your think about how to cover your arms and your legs. But as time passes and your fingers and toes feel numb only minutes in to the ride, you learn the benefits of a decent winter staple.
Read more about wool cycling apparel here.
Socks are hugely important when it comes to generating warmth and staying comfortable on the bike during winter. The woollen type are simply the best. Why? Because wool offers huge benefits in performance. Firstly, its warm and it insulates your feet all the way to your toes. Secondly, they are lightweight so they don't bulk up in your favourite cycling shoes to make your feet burn from lack of space. And thirdly, they're antibacterial so you can avoid sweaty smells from the shoe department.
We love the Velocio series of woollen socks because they're soft and its the easiest way to add warmth to your cycling this winter. Parred with the Velocio Reflective Bootie on the harshest cold days, your feet will remain comfortable and protected.
- Ultrafine Merino is incredibly soft, moisture wicking and thermo-regulating
- Fully padded footbed and toe for added warmth
- Flat knit instep and cuff to reduce bulk and improve fit in a cycling shoe
- Ribbed arch band keeps sock in place
- 8” cuff with 1/2”cm welt for added coverage with tights or leg warmers